Gå till innehåll
Just nu i M3-nätverket

Com hem broadband

ezkimo

Rekommendera Poster

Hi i am a visitor in sweeden and i can not connect to the internet (broadband) on my mac at the ppls i am visitong home .. I have the user name and password ready in the pdf i dowloaded from com hem's homepage r read i hat to put build in ethernet to dhcp and set my homepage to login1@telia.com

I wnt to macforum in goteburg it was ok store i was suprized they had ipod mini there .. they are not avalable in Iceland

so if anyone can help me wth the ComHjem Broadband conection plz post here

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Did you get your username and password from a pdf downloaded from their site?? Very, very strange...

Länk till kommentar

no my relatives have it sorry if my englis is not perfect or that if i put the words in a wrong order ... the pc they have can conect but not my ibook ...

anyone that has com hem broadband that can help me

Länk till kommentar

Are you connecting through DHCP or do they have several computers with static IP numbers?

If it's DHCP you should only need to set up a DHCP and the computer should find what IP it should use.

Länk till kommentar

If yor relatives use the account, its possible, you can not use the same acount to log on to the internet, at the same time. I´m not sure.

You got the username and password from the swedish comhem, right? (Does comhem exist in iceland?) if its not a swedish account, you probably canot log on to the internet.

Have you doublechekt the spelling on both username and password, remember the difference between lowercase and CAPITOL letters.

When it works, I recomand the program Mac icx, so you dont need to go to the loginpage.

Good Luck

Länk till kommentar

You wan't to connect to comhem from your swedish friends home right and not from Iceland? (If the answer is not sweden here ignore the rest of my message :))

And they don't have a router? (you will need one of those if you gonna be connected with more then one computer at the same time.)

Default settings in network should be the right one. (Configure IPv4: Using DHCP)

And use http://www.comhem.se should work as browser homepage.

Länk till kommentar

I have tried it all (yes i am in sweeden and no we are nota useing the same password on two coputers at a time i found an artecle on a nother forum that some motorolla adsl modems could not work with mac os x ...

it is an broadmand modem no router

Länk till kommentar

I think i read about some problem, somewhere. The problem was, that the mac didnt get an IP-no, if another computer had been conected to the same account, the last 20 minutes. Have you tried to what more than 20 minutes, before trying connect the mac?

I´m not sure, the problem can have occored at mac os 8, I dont know.

I got comhem broadband for a year ago. The modem i got, is named "Motorola SB4200E SURFboard Cable Modem", and it was almost no problems with OS X.

Länk till kommentar

the same one is here ... but i can not connect with tcp ip can anyone give me detales how to do it

Länk till kommentar

I think the only thing you should do, in the system preferens, is to chose DHCP, in the TCP/IP-field. You may need to restart your computer.

Did you get an instruction, how to configure yor computer? You should have one, use it, if my tips don´t work. In the end, there is a problem-part, where you maybe can find a solution to your problem.

When you configured your computer, What IP-no do you have? If it like 163.xxx.xxx.xxx, or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, (I think) you have a wrong IP-no, and cannot connect to the loginsite.

The solution is to Shut down your computer, restart the modem, and let it configure itself (I think they do it), then start your computer, and check the IP-no again.

Länk till kommentar

• 2 weeks later...
johanbogren

I just wanted to clarify that you have to disconnect the power cord from the modem in order to restart it properly. Then it should hopefully give you a new ip-number which your mac should accept.

Johan

Länk till kommentar

Arkiverat

Det här ämnet är nu arkiverat och är stängt för ytterligare svar.

• Skapa nytt...