Gå till innehåll
Just nu i M3-nätverket

can't clone AirBook Mavericks disk image to newer AirBook with Sie

bentech

Rekommendera Poster

Hi,

We have in school 20 AirBooks with Mavericks OS. Those AirBooks are 3 years old. I have created a disk image file to clone all those laptops.

Recently the management decided to buy another 4 Airbooks. But they look same model as three years ago but installed with a newer OS like Sierra.

I have tried to clone all 4 of them with a 'Mavericks' disk image but that result with an Airbook which doesn't boot anymore. Only a grey circle is shown and after 10 seconds the laptops shuts itself down. Lucky enough I created first a disk image of the factory image of the disk so I could restore them to Sierra again.

My question is; why can't I use an older disk image file on a little newer version AirBook? The laptops are looking the same from the outside.

All help is welcome.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Am I right in assuming that the older Macbook Air's are the 2015 model and the newer is the new mid 2017 model (came this june)? The new model has new processor, graphics and other internal changes, but exterior is the same. That is why you can't load an older OS on a new Macbook Air, because the hardware has changed.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Arkiverat

Det här ämnet är nu arkiverat och är stängt för ytterligare svar.

• Skapa nytt...