Gå till innehåll
Just nu i M3-nätverket

Apple designar sina egna servrar

xeric

Rekommendera Poster

I relation till: “Apple flyttar delar av Icloud till Googles molnplattform”

Report: Apple designing its own servers to avoid snooping | Ars Technica
Apple suspects that servers are intercepted and modified during shipping.

Apple has begun designing its own servers partly because of suspicions that hardware is being intercepted before it gets delivered to Apple, according to a report yesterday from The Information.

"Apple has long suspected that servers it ordered from the traditional supply chain were intercepted during shipping, with additional chips and firmware added to them by unknown third parties in order to make them vulnerable to infiltration, according to a person familiar with the matter," the report said. "At one point, Apple even assigned people to take photographs of motherboards and annotate the function of each chip, explaining why it was supposed to be there. Building its own servers with motherboards it designed would be the most surefire way for Apple to prevent unauthorized snooping via extra chips.

As we've previously reported, the National Security Agency is known to intercept and modify equipment before it reaches the hands of its intended customers.

The Information's source noted that "you can’t go take an X-Ray of every computer that hits the floor. You want to make sure there’s no extracurricular activity."

An Apple spokesperson declined to comment when contacted by Ars today.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/03/report-apple-designing-its-own-servers-to-avoid-snooping/

- - -

Är väl eg rätt konstigt att de inte har gjort innan i sånt fall. Facebook har sina egna servrar sen länge. Är ju en kostnadsfråga med, när man hamnar på deras nivåer. Finns många kronor (el $ i deras fall) man kan spara in på att göra det själv s a s.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Arkiverat

Det här ämnet är nu arkiverat och är stängt för ytterligare svar.

• Skapa nytt...