Gå till innehåll
Just nu i M3-nätverket

Internetdelning iPhone 3GS med Halebop?

blastabone

Rekommendera Poster

Hej,

Uppgraderade till 3.1 häromdagen. Märkte då att internetdelningen hade försvunnit. Kan man på något sätt få tillbaka det? Jag har Halebop.

Christian

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Om internetdelningen har försvunnit så kommer jag aldrig att uppdatera till 3.1

Är du säker på att det inte går?

Länk till kommentar

Ni som använder internetutdelning på halebop iphones.... vilken metod använder ni?

Vad är "internetdelning" för något?

Peace~

Länk till kommentar

Vad är "internetdelning" för något?

Peace~

Det är funktionen som gör att man kan använda sin iphone som ett mobilt bredband ;)

Länk till kommentar

I 3.1 tror jag det bara funkar med operatörer som uttryckligen stödjer tethering.

Länk till kommentar

När det väl går att Jailbreaka 3GS så funkar det att använda pdanet till internetdelning. Det fungerar men vid tyngre användning så drar det batteri på ett sätt som knappt går att beskriva :P

Länk till kommentar

Det går att jailbreaka 3.1 på 3GS nu men bara om man går från en jailbreakad 3.0 eller 3.0.1. Har man en ny telefon med 3.1 eller klantat sig och uppdaterat till Apples 3.1 så går det alltså inte att jailbreaka i dagsläget.

Länk till kommentar

Hi all,

You have to excuse me for English but writing in Swedish would be considerably harder for me, and slower too.

Internet, duh, tethering with Halebop worked fine for me since the day iPhone OS 3.0 was released, I didn't even know that Halebop doesn't officially support this feature until today. Though tethering wasn't available directly, cause the updated carrier settings did not include this option, I suppose. But it was possible to install a .mobileconfig (that's a file extension) profile on an iPhone using sites such as www.iphone-notes.de or www.benm.at.

There are some profiles there already available for download, and for Sweden there are profiles for Tre and Telia operators. Now, despite the fact that Halebop is in essence Telia you would't want to download the Telia profile, cause it's meant for Telia SIMs and not Halebop's. The reason is that the "real" Telia and Halebop are using different access point names (APNs) for Internet connections.

Instead you'd want to generate a custom profile providing the website with the information needed. Actually, you enter the same parameters you enter on your iPhone while setting up data connection: APN, username and password (Halebop doesn't use the last two). After that it either to send the generated profile by email or download it directly on iPhone which will prompt for profile install. I never tried email myself and did downloading.

After installing profile, enabling tethering in the device settings (a new option would appear after the install) and restarting the iPhone everything worked just by connecting it to a computer. Of course, the newer version of iTunes was needed to support tethering (I guess at least version 8.2).

At some point I update my iPhone to software 3.1 and didn't used it for Internet connections for some time. When a few days ago I wanted to do that, the tethering option was gone. I blamed it on the update meaning I thought that settings just got messed up and it was possible to restore them the old way.

However, later I started to gather that it had to do with the update 3.1 in general cause the site which I used for profile generating, www.iphone-notes.de, wouldn't allow me download profiles. It was still possible to email them but trying to download a profile sent with an email resulted in an error 'Safari cannot download this file'. From the forums I got that things changed in 3.1 and the old ways didn't work.

So, to get it to the point, the best way to enable Halebop tethering on an iPhone is to:

1) Downgrade your software to 3.0 or 3.0.1. After fucking with my phone half a day today I found this great link http://www.benm.at/tutorials/howto-iphone-...-downgrade-os-x. This works for 2G/3G only but there are tutorials for 3GS on the net as well. And there might be soon a new one specially for 3GS on this site as welll.

2) Generate a profile. I recommend using the excellent iPhone Help Center (help.benm.at), it has great interface, it's easy to use, it's just great.

3) Download and install the profile.

4) Enable tethering in you iPhone settings: General/Network/Internet Tethering

5) Restart the device, connect it to a computer and voila!

Länk till kommentar

Hi all,

You have to excuse me for English but writing in Swedish would be considerably harder for me, and slower too.

Internet, duh, tethering with Halebop worked fine for me since the day iPhone OS 3.0 was released, I didn't even know that Halebop doesn't officially support this feature until today. Though tethering wasn't available directly, cause the updated carrier settings did not include this option, I suppose. But it was possible to install a .mobileconfig (that's a file extension) profile on an iPhone using sites such as www.iphone-notes.de or www.benm.at.

There are some profiles there already available for download, and for Sweden there are profiles for Tre and Telia operators. Now, despite the fact that Halebop is in essence Telia you would't want to download the Telia profile, cause it's meant for Telia SIMs and not Halebop's. The reason is that the "real" Telia and Halebop are using different access point names (APNs) for Internet connections.

Instead you'd want to generate a custom profile providing the website with the information needed. Actually, you enter the same parameters you enter on your iPhone while setting up data connection: APN, username and password (Halebop doesn't use the last two). After that it either to send the generated profile by email or download it directly on iPhone which will prompt for profile install. I never tried email myself and did downloading.

After installing profile, enabling tethering in the device settings (a new option would appear after the install) and restarting the iPhone everything worked just by connecting it to a computer. Of course, the newer version of iTunes was needed to support tethering (I guess at least version 8.2).

At some point I update my iPhone to software 3.1 and didn't used it for Internet connections for some time. When a few days ago I wanted to do that, the tethering option was gone. I blamed it on the update meaning I thought that settings just got messed up and it was possible to restore them the old way.

However, later I started to gather that it had to do with the update 3.1 in general cause the site which I used for profile generating, www.iphone-notes.de, wouldn't allow me download profiles. It was still possible to email them but trying to download a profile sent with an email resulted in an error 'Safari cannot download this file'. From the forums I got that things changed in 3.1 and the old ways didn't work.

So, to get it to the point, the best way to enable Halebop tethering on an iPhone is to:

1) Downgrade your software to 3.0 or 3.0.1. After fucking with my phone half a day today I found this great link http://www.benm.at/tutorials/howto-iphone-...-downgrade-os-x. This works for 2G/3G only but there are tutorials for 3GS on the net as well. And there might be soon a new one specially for 3GS on this site as welll.

2) Generate a profile. I recommend using the excellent iPhone Help Center (help.benm.at), it has great interface, it's easy to use, it's just great.

3) Download and install the profile.

4) Enable tethering in you iPhone settings: General/Network/Internet Tethering

5) Restart the device, connect it to a computer and voila!

Thanks for the input..... lol blackra1n came out today so i decided to jailbreak it instead and use a app called PdaNet to tether.

Länk till kommentar

Arkiverat

Det här ämnet är nu arkiverat och är stängt för ytterligare svar.

• Skapa nytt...